Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:46:05 -0500
From: Daniel Convissor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: trustees action for morse safety
Excellent progress today on improving transportation safety around Morse School. The Village's Trustees discussed the matter at this evening's work session.
At the mid-block crosswalk on Pocantico St between the school and apartment building:
* Crossing guard will be there
* Continue using the cone with the blinking light
* Regular police presence at random times
* Improve signage
At the next Trustees' meeting, 2/23, they want to have resolutions calling for public hearings to make adjustments to:
* parking on Beekman Ave to institute a school drop-off zone
* the loading zone and handicapped parking space on Pocantico St
You can watch the meeting video at the link below. Fast forward to 6:45.
Beyond that, I corresponded with the Board of Education requesting the current off-campus drop-off be made permanent. The Board's President, Mimi Godwin, said they will look into the matter.
Thanks for your attention,
More Sleepy Hollow information is available on the web, @DanielConvissor and #SleepyHollowNY