Guidelines for Inclusion
in the NYC Film Production
Several requests have prompted me to develop a set of
guidelines for those who want to be included among these pages.
My concern is always with balancing a desire to be inclusive
with a need to insure that the listings have integrity, validity
and usefulness as a reference.
For this reason I need some support
information that I can keep onfile.
- Please send all requests as email.
- Please include the words request
for inclusion in NYCFPRL in email
- A paragraph describing the nature of the business and the
length of time you've been in business.
- Businesses less than two years old need to
furnish references for three different clients
for whom they've worked.
- The catagory (or catagories) under which you'd like to be
- Where possible, try to work within the catagories
that are defined by the locator. If this isn't
possible, you should request creation of a new
- Your business name, address, and phone numbers.
- The name of a prime contact person at the business.
- E-mail address(es).
- Specify if you'd like an e-mail mail-to link on
- URL's of web sites.
- Again, specify if you would like one linked to
the business name.
Individual Crew People:
- A paragraph describing your work, especially areas of
specialization and the length of time you've been working
in this capacity.
- Crew people who are members of unions or guilds
should give their union affiliations, especially
the Local number.
- Non-union crew people need to furnish a list of
three recent clients (producers, coordinators,
etc.) for whom they've worked (in the capacity
under which they seek to be listed).
- This list must include up-to-date contact
names as well as phone numbers.
- Make sure you specify the exact crew catagory under which
you'd like to be listed.
- Your professional name and phone numbers (including fax,
- E-mail address(es).
- Specify whether you'd like an e-mail link
included with your listing.
- URL's of your own web site.
- Again, specify if you want a link to your name.
Thanks for following these guidelines with your requests.
Having all the necessary information from the start will greatly
reduce the time spent shuttling e-mail and checking out
This project demands a lot of time in editing and updating.
There may be some delays in listing due to outside work flow. If
all the necessary information arrives on first contact, requests
should get turned around at a faster rate.
Submit e-mail requests to: email@example.com
The lack of volunteer time available to support the
maintenance of this site has been a serious concern since its
inception (back in 1996, when the WWW was relatively new and few
film people imagined needing a website for funneling traffic).
I'm considering the collection of modest fees in return for
website links and prominent placement in the listings. Please
feel free to make comment on this idea.
to JV III NYC Film Production Resources List