December 5, 1998

Using two old VCRs to edit a trailer is a job that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but I came up with some sort of result by the end of the day.  After a lot of tinkering with the equipment, I found a way to make relatively clean cuts that occur in the general vicinity of where I intend, though the VCRs produce unsightly rainbow effects for a few seconds after each cut.  The big problem, though, is that the trailer flows very poorly.  My film isn't designed to be excerpted in short segments; the shortest clips I can use are mostly 20 to 25 seconds long, and vary a lot in their pacing.  I guess I'll see what Mitchell Banks thinks before I put more work into it.

Click here to read the next diary entry, here to read the previous entry, and here to go back to the main menu.