March 15, 1997

Robin is leaving town for a week, but we managed to get into the editing room this morning to attend a few necessary details before she leaves. When editing a film digitally, there exists the danger of using the same bit of film more than once in the final cut, and we made that mistake once during the first phone conversation scene. Because we've already given the master tapes to the negative cutter, we were obliged to change the cutting of that section of the film without changing the overall length. It was a pain, but Robin pulled it off pretty painlessly.

We also made a list of the lengths of each of the beginning and end credits, which the title house needs to shoot our titles. Before we left, I tallied up the final stats on the film: 231 shots (not counting titles and intertitles), 89:34 total running time.

Click here to read the next diary entry, here to read the previous entry, and here to go back to the main menu.