May 22, 1997

It took a few days longer than expected, but today I finally picked up my film from the negative cutter, where it's been captive for a full three months. It's now cut into A and B rolls, which are two separate rolls of film, each containing half the shots of the film. This technique makes it possible to make splices invisible, and is necessary to do dissolves and fades (though I don't have any of either in my film).

I took the negative directly to Lab-Link. If anything had happened to the boxes I was carrying during the journey, there would have been no movie left, so I took a cab for the ten-block trip.... The people at the lab took the film and were quite nice to me--they promise a silent print in 7 to 14 business days. I left feeling quite happy that the film is moving forward again.

Click here to read the next diary entry, here to read the previous entry, and here to go back to the main menu.