OFFICIAL Q&A FOR NAPOLEON (3rd Ed.)
Copyright (C) 1994, Columbia Games Inc.
Date Compiled: February 1994 Updated: September 13, 1997
- Q. What happens to a Leader in a rout when there are still other
- A. He escapes if possible.
- Q. Regarding squares - if I use a 3 ART unit (DF against squares
but SF against Cavalry) against a 3 INF unit and a 3 CAV unit, and I
roll a 5, 5, 6, do I allot the 6 against the 3 INF reducing it to 2 INF
and then apply the two 5's against the 3 CAV, thereby missing?
- A. No. Separate non-square units from units in square. Each unit
may fire on one or the other formation and hits only apply to the
highest strength unit in that formation.
- Q. Under section 6.4 "Multiple battles" it says that the player
must complete all three battle phases in one battle before moving on to the
next simultaneous battle. Shouldn't this be four phases, as
mentioned in 6.3?
- A. Yes.
- Q. In 7.6 "Regrouping" it is stated that the victor may regroup
by Retreating or Reinforcing.
- Does the Disruption apply to reinforcing units as well as to
- Can the victor both retreat AND reinforce?
- Do the normal (10/6) road limits apply to these regrouping moves?
- Yes ... but not the way you list it. The "normal" road
Regular movement: 10/6 (halved on attack across rivers)
Reinforcements: 2/1 per battle turn
Retreats: 2/1 per battle turn
Routs: 10/6 (halved across rivers)
- Q. 8.3 "Battle Fire" It is nowhere explicitly stated that
infantry and cavalry must be engaged to fire, but I assume that this is
- A. Yes.
- Q. 8.3 "Battle Fire" : Cavalry. Cavalry get triple fire on the
first firing turn after they engage. Is this only if the cavalry moves to
engage (actively rather than passively engages)? For example, if
infantry move and engage a cavalry unit, does the cavalry unit then get
DF rather than TF on the infantry unit even in the cavalry unit's first
- A. No, CAV get TF for one turn if they are passively engaged
- Q. 10.2 "Morale Bonus" Does the leader need to be engaged with
the troops to give the morale bonus?
- A. No.
Back to Columbia Wooden Block Games
Back to SOS' Gameviews
Back to Steffan O'Sullivan's Home Page