Capital PC User Group
Microsoft Office SIG
This sub-group within CPCUG was in operation for about 10 years, until
June 2008. CPCUG would like to continue this, but a volunteer co-ordinator
and location are needed. If you can help provide either aspect, E-mail me,
using the link at the bottom of this page.
- The Microsoft Office SIG( Special Interest Group)
was created by CPCUG in 1997? and is hosted by ASHA.
- ASHA is the American
- CPCUG is the Capital PC User
- The three main goals of the Microsoft Office SIG are:
- Exchange information & insights about Microsoft Office Products-
Office 97, Office XP 2002, Office 2003
- Exchange information & insights about Microsoft Operating Systems-
Win 98/98SE/ME, Win 2000, Win XP
- Help CPCUG grow by providing a useful forum.
- General meeting info:
- 4th Wednesday of each month, 7:00 - 8:30 PM.
- Next meeting is May 28.
- The meeting location was changed in late 2007.
- It is in the Fellows Conference Room, #410, 2200 Research Blvd,
Rockville, MD 20850
- Meeting Presentations:
- Background for questions:
- Asking almost anything means you'll be asked for background on
your hardware, Operating System, Office version, etc.
- Help the person trying to
- Hints and Kinks:
- Using Microsoft help resources. From Frank Camp, Jan 06.
- Updating your Microsoft OS & App Files. From Frank Camp, Mar 06.
- Hard drives DO crash. Prepare
before your irreplaceable information disappears.
- Changing web page size. Using
View/Text within Microsoft Internet Explorer(MSIE) to change
text size doesn't work with all types of web pages. A bookmarklet
will change the size of any page with most web browsers,
Renaming files en_masse.
- Creating transparent text.
MS Word was used to create a file that contains the word "office."
Note that details of the background can be seen, which only
happens with a transparent image file.
Send comments or suggestions to:
Return to previously