June 17, 1997

I finally hooked up with the sound mixer today and talked to him about preparing materials for the mix sessions. It turns out that he won't be able to start working with me until July 1, which is more of a delay than I'd counted on. But my producer Bill works at this fellow's company and got me an unbeatable price, so I'm not inclined to shop around at other mix houses.

Everyone I called for prices on telecine transfers quoted me a price in the vicinity of $600 for my transfer, except for the people at one low-budget company, who want $200. What's the reason for the big price gap? The mixer wasn't sure what to tell me on this subject - I wish I knew a bit more about telecine before I make a decision.

Click here to read the next diary entry, here to read the previous entry, and here to go back to the main menu.