My friend Jean Roy, who runs the Critics' Week division of Cannes, called today to tell me that he liked my film, but that it wasn't expensive-looking enough for Cannes. So I have no more festivals to wait on. I think I'll finish the film before I submit it any more, unless something compelling comes up.
It's proving impossible to resolve the pricing disagreement with the negative cutter's office, due to the boss's vacation in China. It's looking as if I'll have to wait until his return a week from now. This is probably just a misunderstanding, but negative cutters enjoy a power imbalance (they're holding your movie) that feeds negative fantasies.
Click here to read the next diary entry, here to read the previous entry, and here to go back to the main menu.