[Sample Config Files]
Version 1.1.2 -- 11/04/2001
- Fixed documentation gotchas.
- All occurrences of 'gizmo' in the package have been replaced with
Version 1.1.1 -- 6/16/2001
- Rewrote 'catchup' respooling daemon. New features include:
- Config file.
- Optionally won't detach from the console.
- Much more intelligent about when to open/close the connection to
- More memory efficient.
- Renamed 'News Shogun'.
Version 1.1.0 -- 5/3/1999
- Core-dumping bugs fixed in catchup.
- catchup deletes files again! Yayy!
Version 1.1.0B4 -- 2/15/1999
- Cleaned up CrossGroups filter, should work correctly now.
Version 1.1.0B3 -- 2/1/1999
- Catchup will dissociate itself from the terminal, now, and gracefully
exit when signalled.
- Catchup maintains a .pid file.
- Added code for Typhoon compatibility. Tested on the command line, but
not with Typhoon. To enable, pass --with-server=typhoon on the
./configure command line.
Version 1.1.0B2 -- 2/1/1999
- Catchup now creates the 'del' file correctly.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in 'limit' parsing in the gizmo:
- Aliases weren't treated properly for the config loading,
- The 'test' split was splitting up some words in the middle.
Version 1.1.0B -- 1/28/1999
- Completely rewritten as a perl filter. Requires perl5, perl5.004
- Catchup rewritten to use no INN code. Connects only once to the news
server over the life of the process.
- There have been many many changes to the way this version works.. I
think there is no code whatsoever left over from the older versions,
so there has not been as much testing for this one, and lots of kinks
have not been ironed out entirely for the new version. Please be
careful when you upgrade.
Version 1.0.2 -- 5/4/1998
- Updated the install script.
- Fixed bugs in INN 1.5 and 1.7 patch files.
Version 1.0.1 -- 3/30/1998
- Small fixes for INN 1.4 patch.
- Fixed counting bug in mail reporting.
- Updated samples/spam.conf and samples/spam.limit to the new format.
Version 1.0.0 -- 3/18/1998
- More portability fixes.
- Filters can block on more conditions than remote username.
- User aliases (one entry in the database for several returned usernames).
- Completely rewritten config file loader.
- Prettier config file.
- Parametrized entries in the config file.
- Possible to specify error messages for certain post conditions.
- New config loading API.
- Much simpler, nicer limit loading API.
- Revised libfilt.a API.
- Declare several groups at once.
- Nesting limit declarations.
- Nesting database entries.
Version 0.4.10 -- 2/2/1998
- More portability fixes
- Fixed text substitution bugs
- Fixed delayed article filename bug
Version 0.4.9 -- 12/23/1997
- New Christmas motif
- Portability fixes
- INN-1.7.2 patch
- Actually, there is no Christmas motif.
Version 0.4.8 -- 11/12/1997
- First stab at a filter daemon
- Fixed some small memory leaks in LIBfilt
- Added more error checking and reporting to LIBfilt
- Cleaned up how trackers ask for headers
- Access to all headers in an article
- First stab at an install script
- Other miscellaneous code cleanups
Version 0.4.7 -- 11/6/1997
- catchup will now check for stale lock files
- innwatch.ctl now checks reliably for existance of catchup, and does
not restart the server when it runs.
Version 0.4.6 -- 11/5/1997
- entries in database no longer have to correspond to tracking names
- entries in database can have empty parameters
- Fixed cross-hierarchy blocking bug
Version 0.4.5 -- 10/28/1997
- Fixed catchup bugs in rc.news and innwatch.ctl
- Updated samples/spam.conf to the new format
Version 0.4.4 -- 10/27/1997
- Improved text substitution
- Set substitution variables from spam.conf
- nnrp.access made more backward compatible
- Further improved logging
- Fixed rc.news to always start catchup
Version 0.4.3 -- 10/23/1997
- Fixed public news server bug in nnrpd
- Fixed config reloading bug in inn1.5.1s rnews
- Improved logging
Version 0.4.2 -- 10/22/1997
- Fixed configuration reloading bug in rnews
- Data inheritance in FILT*
- Look up users in an IP->user database
- Support for AUTHINFO GENERIC user authentication
Version 0.4.1 -- 10/16/1997
- Static data (that is, doesn't get refreshed) in the database
- New database storage API
- Post-processor API
- Emily-Postnews warnings on certain hierarchies
- Fix From:-line parsing in usr.msgid log.
- RNews applies same filters as nnrpd when unspooling articles
- Connection oriented API
- Scripts that operate on the usr.msgid log to cancel all posts by
- Database editor program.
Version 0.4 -- 10/1/1997
- Exclusive newsgroup hierarchies (e.g., posts will not be accepted
if they are crossposted between net.* and another hierarchy)
- Slowed articles kept for several days after logging
- Split-line configuration in the spam.limit file
- Full-word scheme description in spam.limit
- log all Message-IDs posted with username
Version 0.3 -- 9/16/1997
- User groups in the limitfile
- Integrated much more tightly into innd's installation
- mk_postdb now creates both the lockfile and the database
- supports different user namespaces
- can resolve client's username using identd (with/without encryption)
- catchup no longer gives up if it can't send an article
- catchup now gives every message it runs into a new Message-ID:
- fixed memory leak in libsubst
- removed spam.resolve file
- nnrp.access can now make several attempts to resolve a user (in
different ways) from the same line.
Version 0.2 -- 8/29/1997
- Fixed huge core-dumping bug in catchup
- Extensible limit configuration/violation detection
- Password Database supported
- Blocks excessive crossposts
- Posted newsgroups counted correctly
[Sample Config Files]
These pages copyright (c) 1997-2001
Public Access Networks Corp. (PANIX)
All rights reserved.
Written by Aidan Cully
Designed by Aidan Cully and
From an original design by
Alexis Rosen and
Last modified on Monday, 18-Mar-2013 16:56:40 EDT