Molloy Environmental

What's in
WTC Debris?
Clean Your Home and Office Your Air Conditioner Can Protect You Environmental
Tests & Bulletins
Health Effects of WTC Toxins Protective
Masks & Suits

How to Hire a
Decontamination Professional



How to Hire an Environmental Professional
to Clean and Test Your Space

Only trained and licensed environmental professionals and firms can clean up hazardous materials safely and thoroughly.

Make sure that the firm or individual you hire has the right credentials. These include:

  • EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Risk Assessor Certificate
  • EPA AHERA (Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act) Inspector
  • NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health) 582 Certificate
    (Certifies completion of NIOSH course on air testing)
  • NYC DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) Licensed Investigator
  • EPA Licensed Contractor (for firms)

Professionals with a degree in architecture or engineering are also familiar with air conditioning systems and structural problems that affect contamination.

As in other professions, experience also plays a part.