The Republicans, having a phony issue, the kind that they like best, that they think that they can run with, offshore drilling, have vowed to block everything until they get a vote on the issue.
Well, it looks like the Dems are calling their bluff, and daring them to block a troop funding bill which includes:
- A 3.9% across-the-board pay raise for military personnel
- A funding increase for research into traumatic brain injury treatment
- Funding increase fortroop suicide prevention efforts
- A $26 billion for the Defense Health Program
- A $500 million for Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles.
Why does the Republican party hate the troops?