- Roger Ailes Was One of the Worst Americans Ever (Rolling Stone) Matt Taibbi issues a savage obituary for the former Fox News Chief.
- Rep. Joe Wilson Shouted Down by “You Lie” Chants During Angry Town Hall (Mother Jones) Schadenfreude, neh?
- Cuomo’s staff disappoints returning student at OCC forum on ‘free tuition’ (Syracuse.com) What a surprise: When a conservative corporate-o-crat designs a program that appears to be progressive, it doesn’t work.
- Miles of Ice Collapsing Into the Sea (New York Times) We are unbelievably screwed.
- The Amazing Dinosaur Found (Accidentally) by Miners in Canada (National Geographic) This is a different dino from the one named after the Ghosbusters monster Zuul from a few weeks ago. It’s been a remarkable month for paleontology.
- What Plato knew about behavioural economics. (A lot) (Aeon Essays) This is not a surprise. Plato is not just an archaic bit of history. His Republic remains a blue print for modern fascism.
- Economic Forecasting Is Still Broken (Bloomberg) In related news, water is wet.
This could be good, or it could be awful, or it could be uneven and spotty.
Given that this is from the mind of Seth McFarlane, my money is on the final option, though I am going to try and catch the first episode, because it is directed by Jon Faveau .