- What happened? What happened?! You blew it, Hillary. (The Week) Comment on Hillary’s upcoming book. Money quote, “Because Hillary Clinton was a deeply flawed candidate who ran an atrocious campaign and should never have been anointed as the presumptive nominee by the Democratic National Committee in the first place.”
- Grenfell Tower: Sixty blocks ‘fail new fire test’ (BBC) I think that there are over 80 blocks of flats so identified now.
- Grenfell Tower: Council could be charged with corporate manslaughter (POLITICO) That could never happen in the US, because ……… markets!
- New Google algorithm restricts access to left-wing, progressive web sites (World Socialist Web Site) What a surprise. The fight on fake news has a corporatist agenda.
- Elizabeth Warren Tears Apart Another Trump Nominee (Vanity Fair) Major Pwn463. Why she is on my list of People I Do Not Want to Piss Off.
- Roombas have been mapping your homes for years, and that data’s about to be sold to the highest bidder (BGR) Great, now your f%$#ing vacuum cleaner is spying on you.
- P&G Slashed Digital Ad Spending. This is What Happened Next (Wolf Street) Cutting online advertising raised net profits. Online ads are headed for a reckoning.
- How economists rode maths to become our era’s astrologers (Aeon) Kind of obvious that economics has become increasingly detached from reality.
A virtual reality homage to the classic Ah-Ha video Take On Me: