- How Trump changed everything for The Onion (POLITICO) Reality outstrips the imagination of satirists.
- Ignore the hype over big tech. Its products are mostly useless (The Guardian) I agree.
- Astronomers Spot Potential “Interstellar” Asteroid Orbiting Backwards Around the Sun (Scientific American)
- Why China’s Payment Apps Give U.S. Bankers Nightmares (Bloomberg) Because the Banksters are not getting their vigorish.
- Scientists discovered massive hidden canyons in Antarctica that could spell bad news for the rest of the planet (Quartz) Yet another update saying that ice flow into the oceans will speed up more than predicted.
- Harvey Weinstein Arrested and Handcuffed on Rape Charges in New York (New York Times) Your feel good story of the day.
- Enjoy the lines at Disneyland? You’ll love Elon Musk’s idea for transit (La Times) Dave Dayen rightly points out that narcissism is mistaken for vision here.
This is my dad in 1969, talking about municipal mergers in an interview. He has since grown a beard and stopped wearing bow ties: