6 incumbent house Democrats have been defeated.
The caucus memberships, and politics, of the 6 losers are interesting:
- Kendra Horn, Caucuses: Blue Dog, New Dem
- Collin Peterson, Caucuses: Blue Dog
- Xochitl Torres Small, Caucuses: Blue Dog, New Dem
- Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, Caucuses: New Dem
- Joe Cunningham, Caucuses: Blue Dog, New Dem
- Donna Shalala: Caucuses: None that matter, but ineluctably tied to both Clintons, and facilitated a union busting campaign while president of the University of Miami.
I was hoping that it would be one more, but the contemptible Cheri Bustos pulled out a squeaker.
The policy of the DCC, DNC and DSCC to actively support conservative Democrats, even where it does not match the electorate is a losing proposition.
Do not give to these organizations. Give to the candidates directly, via Act Blue or the like.
I don't trust ACTBlue. I donated to Bernie exclusively through them, and NEVER to Biden or any other candidate. And yet somehow I'm now on every Biden and related PAC mailing list in the world.
Still better than the DCCC.