6 incumbent house Democrats have been defeated.
The caucus memberships, and politics, of the 6 losers are interesting:
- Kendra Horn, Caucuses: Blue Dog, New Dem
- Collin Peterson, Caucuses: Blue Dog
- Xochitl Torres Small, Caucuses: Blue Dog, New Dem
- Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, Caucuses: New Dem
- Joe Cunningham, Caucuses: Blue Dog, New Dem
- Donna Shalala: Caucuses: None that matter, but ineluctably tied to both Clintons, and facilitated a union busting campaign while president of the University of Miami.
I was hoping that it would be one more, but the contemptible Cheri Bustos pulled out a squeaker.
The policy of the DCC, DNC and DSCC to actively support conservative Democrats, even where it does not match the electorate is a losing proposition.
Do not give to these organizations. Give to the candidates directly, via Act Blue or the like.