V-Colo: Panix Colocated Virtual Servers
- LV-Colo: A supersized Virtual Private Server with more of everything
- V-Colo mini - A less expensive option for folks who don't need a full-sized VPS
- Diverse locations - We now have multiple data centers for our VCs, and can guarantee location diversity for customers with multiple VCs.
- OpenBSD - Using Xen's hardware virtualization.
- FreeBSD - Using Xen paravirtualized disk/network drivers for best performance.
- 64-bit support - All distributions available in 32 and 64 bit when provided by the vendor.
- Multiple processors- We expose multiple CPUs (currently 4).
Now you have root!
Have you ever wished you could afford to put your own hardware onto a high bandwidth connection, but given up when you saw colocation prices?
Panix V-Colo Service gives you your own private virtual server, ready for you to configure or program as you wish, connected to the Internet by our bandwidth, for a fraction of the cost of putting a physical machine in a colocation room.
Our Virtual Servers run under the Xen hypervisor. (Technical info on Xen can be found here.) Xen is a virtual machine monitor, much like VMWare, but it provides dramatically better real-world performance, with as little as one tenth of the overhead of other virtualization techniques. Xen is an Open Source project like Linux. Over the last few years it has become a dominant force, becoming a de facto standard in virtualization. It has the support of almost all of the major industry players, including Intel, IBM, Sun, AMD, Cisco, Dell, HP, Novell, and Red Hat, among others.
With Panix V-Colo, you get a Linux or NetBSD system of your own. (Solaris and Windows may be available later this year.) You have root access, so you can build or download and use whatever software you want, as long as it's legal and within our terms of service. If you choose, your server will come with Apache, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Python, and other software preloaded, ready for you to configure your own web server. If not, you can roll your own.
You can use Panix V-Colos as web servers, mail servers, DNS servers, or as file servers. You can mirror your local servers, build staging servers for all your web sites, run parallel servers with new software versions or configurations... The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
Last Modified:Saturday, 03-Jan-2015 01:51:43 EST
© Copyright 2010, Public Access Networks Corporation