Mail on Panix
- Basic Information
- About the Panix Mail System
- Dealing with unwanted mail
- Help with IMAP and POP clients
- Help with specific Unix email clients
- Technical Information
- General help with email
Mail is stored on a standard RAID-protected server, available via IMAP, POP, webmail, or, for those with Panix shell accounts, Unix mail clients.
The Panix email system makes IMAP access possible, and includes webmail access to your account using SquirrelMail and Roundcube. In addition to letting you read and write email from a Web browser, webmail gives you control over your mail preferences from a single
For instance, from the web interface you can control forwarding,
send a vacation message, and/or run SpamAssassin and/or virus checking.
You can arrange to have some kinds of spam blocked at the server level.
It also offers display options, like color coding your messages.
We also offer spam control.
It's important that you
set your mail preferences to use the correct mail server name:
mail.panix.com for incoming mail (and outgoing too, if you use us for that). To get to webmail, just go to https://mail.panix.com. You'll need to use your email address (including the "@panix.com" part) and your regular password.
We provide our customers with a standard 2 GB of RAID-protected storage, some or all of which can be used for mail.
This section has setup instructions for popular mail clients.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, you can mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. A Panix staff member will respond personally to your email.
About the Panix Mail System
- Introduction and Features of Panix Webmail
- How to use Procmail filtering
- Converting your mail folders into Webmail-readable format with mb2md
- Email address extensions: "+ Addressing"
- Webmail tips and tricks
- Dealing with Unsolicited email
- Spam blocking
- About phishing attempts
- Virus checking
- Setting up SpamAssassin on your Panix account
- Connecting your iPhone to your Panix account
- Apple Mail.app
- Thunderbird (Mac or Windows)
- Outlook 2010 and 2013
- Forwarding your Panix email to another account
- Restrictons on Mail Forwarding
- How to transfer your mailspool from a Panix shell account to your computer
- Majordomo Mailing List Management
- Managing mailboxes and aliases from the web
- Sending large attachments
- Reasons for undelivered mail
- Archiving your mail to local folders
Last Modified:Wednesday, 03-Feb-2016 14:12:48 EST
© Copyright 2006-2011 Public Access Networks Corporation