Getting ConnectedGeneral Server Information (Mail, FTP, Shell, etc.)
- PPP Dialup Help:
- General dialup help:
- The full list of Panix modem and phone numbers
- Configuring a dialup connection on Windows 7, 8, and 10, and MacOS X
- Getting to your Panix shell account from a PPP dialup connection
- UNIX systems:
- Panix does not provide specific help with UNIX PPP setup, due
to the many differences across different versions of UNIX. However,
we can point you in a helpful direction:
- The Linux PPP HOWTO page at tldp.org is a full step-by-step guide in using the PPP capabilities of Linux.
- The PAP section of the PPP HOWTO is extremely helpful for those wishing to convert from a chat script to direct PAP authentication.
- Please Note: These Linux help pages are not maintained by Panix, and we cannot provide help with or advice on their contents.
- Shell Dial-up Help:
- Logging into your Panix shell account via dial-up
Other useful information
- Generic server information.
- Contacting the Panix staff
- Password Maintenance on Panix
- System Status Messages on Panix: getting reports from the "MOTD" system
- Glossary: explanations of some Internet terms
Last Modified:Wednesday, 09-Mar-2016 16:32:01 EST
© Copyright 2006-2011 Public Access Networks Corporation