- Women Outnumber Men in Law Schools For The First Time In History (Jonathan Turley) I know that correlation is not causation, but when a profession makes this transition, it is accompanied by a loss of status and pay.
- Priorities USA positions itself as center of gravity for the left in the Trump era (Washington Post) Translation: This is a pretty sweet gig, and despite the fact that we failed abysmally, we are going to keep our phony baloney jobs.
- Obama’s Legacy: Leaving Indefinite Military Detention Regime Intact (Shadowproof) Donald Trump will inherit these powers. Hellova legacy.
- Winter Haven man’s obituary lists cause of death ‘uppercut from Batman’ (WFTS-TV) Not a typo. Friends honoring his memory.
- Fakebook (Eschaton) An interesting observation on how social media sites all eventually drift toward self-destructive curation of their user’s content, “End the algorithm and end the curation and no one can complain about anything except the fact that their friends are idiots.”
- Ireland’s love affair with Apple triggers hate at home (Politico) The people of Cork, Ireland, where Apple’s European HQ is located, hate the tax deal that the EU declared illegal.
- How hospitals, nursing homes keep deadly ‘superbug’ outbreaks secret (Reuters) The magic of the market should solve this —Not—.
- A guide to giving your cats their annual performance review (Hackeroon) ROFL.
How entering the public domain turned It’s a Wonderful Life from a flop into a classic: