- As a Guru, Ayn Rand May Have Limits. Ask Travis Kalanick. (New York Times) Because revenge nerd porn does not make for a good businessman.
- Scrap dealer finds Apollo-era NASA computers in dead engineer’s basement (Ars Technica) These were legally acquired, and I want one.
- Millions Of Policy Proposals Spill Into Sea As Brookings Institution Think Tanker Runs Aground Off Crimea Coast (The Onion) Truly America’s Finest News Source.
- Tardigrade water bears could survive 10 billion years, astrophysicists claim (Washington Post) Cockroaches, Keith Richards, and Tardigrades will survive the apocalypse.
- UK surgeon finds 27 missing contact lenses in woman’s eye (Optometry Today) Ewwwwwww!
- When human capital threatens the Capitol (Journal of Peace Research) US Military Training increases the odds of a coup. Not a surprise.
- “If he shows up, you’ll be looking for two dildos and a bottle of lotion,” the cop advised (Fark) Best police blotter ever.
A good essay on swords, though katana lovers might object to some of the characterizations: