- The KGB Shipped a Sidewinder Missile by Mail to Moscow (War is Boring) Espionage is Weird.
- How a Guy From a Montana Trailer Park Overturned 150 Years of Biology (Atlantic) Feel good geek story of the day.
- The Actual Truth Behind The Guy Who Got Stuck In An ATM (Cracked) Shorter version, the guy wasn’t a sad sack. It was a construction related accident, and debris kept him from getting out.
- Lawsuits Pile Up For CenturyLink After Years Of Bogus Fees, Fraudulent Billing (Techdirt) From the department of, “About f%$#ing time”.
- Hillary Clinton’s book, ‘What Happened,’ makes for hilarious R-rated internet (MarketWatch) Best tweet storm ever.
- How work changed to make us all passionate quitters (Aeon Essays) As Yves Smith notes, “A must read. IMHO this is a big reason productivity isn’t growing. Turnover is a big cost to a business. And employees with their eye on the door won’t go that extra mile for their company.”
- Wells Fargo Lawyer Who Released Client Information Wants It Back (Bloomberg) Because the rich deserve their privacy, just not the proles.
- New York Subsidy To Lure Aetna Benefits A Cuomo Donor (International Business Times) Drip, drip, drip. More embarrassing news for Cuomo. Something has turned a corner.
Someone in finance finally realizes that being an asshole is not synonymous with being innovative: