- Apple Inc. staffers reportedly rebelling against open office plan at new $5 billion Apple Park headquarters (Silicon Valley Business Journal) It doesn’t work, but it’s pretty. Apple in a nutshell
- On Charlottesville: Why the Center Is Okay with Nazis but Hates the Left (Ian Welsh) Short answer: Because they make money from private prisons and selling armored vehicles to cops.
- Mike Godwin, Creator of Godwin’s Law, Says You Can Compare Charlottesville Protesters to Nazis (Esquire) God damned Illinois Nazis!
- Federal Court Strips Immunity From Sheriff Who Tried To Silence A Critic By Having Him Arrested (Techdirt) Sheriff objects to muckraking involving his relationship with sweetheart insurance deals, and he files a criminal defamation charge, which is clearly unconstitutional. As the court noted, “Some qualified immunity cases are hard. This case is not one of them.”
- Stonewall Jackson’s Family Wants His Monument Removed (Esquire) His closest relatives know what the statues are about.
- Two Sides to Every Issue: the Tedium Twins Debate the Crucifixion, Slavery and Cannibalism (Counter Punch) A spot on parody of the PBS NewsHour, with Robert MacNeil and Jim Lehrer.
- Thieves steal 20 tons of chocolate in German town (Deutsche Welle) I have already interrogated my wife: She was not involved, but she is considering changing her career to bounty hunter.
John Oliver explaining the affection of Nazis for Donald Trump:
Nazis are a lot like cats: If they like you, it’s probably because you’re feeding them. Also, cats are like Nazis, but that’s a whole different subject.