- How Bad Apples Spoil the Whole Bunch (The Marshall Project) When the so-called “Good Apples” almost always alibi for the bad ones, there are no good apples.
- Jeremy Corbyn: neoliberalism is broken and we are now the centre ground (The Guardian) Why Corbyn has outperformed expectations: He gets the problem.
- Tony Blair’s Ghoulish Last Decade (Jacobin) Even by the standards of the Clintons, this is unseemly.
- Tropical forests may be carbon sources, not sinks (Nature) A consequence of deforestation.
- In Texas, homeowners fight with their HOAs over the right to park fully functioning World War II tanks in their driveways (Fark) Texas Man is rivaling Florida Man.
- Michael Turk – So f**k Google, and allow me to explain…… (Facebook) Your child plays games on the computer instead of working. You block game sites and Youtube. Google Chrome does not allow you to block Youtube, and to block reinstalling Chrome, you have to block Google, which means that his kid could not access his homework.
- What Democrats Must Do (Jacobin) “The Democratic Party’s pursuit of well-off whites undermined its ability to deliver gains for all workers. Going forward, it must place the multiracial working class at the center of its political vision.”
Marilyn Manson was injured at a concert the other day by a falling prop. Here is him covering “Tainted Love”, which seems remarkably appropriate.