- New coding language Fetlang’s syntax designed to read like ‘poorly written erotica’ (The Register) An entirely new approach to debugging.
- Google is permanently nerfing all Home Minis because mine spied on everything I said 24/7 [Update x2] (Android Police) Google home was intrusively listening in its users. They had to cripple (nerf) the device to fix it.
- Icelandic Pirate Party MP forced to wear eyepatch (BBC News) She got her eye scratched by her kid, but she will be fine. Still, a Pirate in an eye patch………
- The Kosher Salt Question (TASTE) Kosher salt varies a lot from brand to brand.
- Tim Hortons unveils newest ‘drink’ — a spicy Buffalo Latte. No, really. (Guelph Mercury) Tim Hortons, the most Canadian thing ever just did the least Canadian thing ever.
- The scientists persuading terrorists to spill their secrets (Guardian) Someone finally got the data to do a thorough study showing that torture does not work.
- Magic mushrooms ‘reboot’ brain in depressed people – study (Guardian) Raises the question: How much of recreational drug use is actually self-medication?
- Shark costume man bitten by Austria’s burqa ban (POLITICO) What a surprise. Demagoguery and bigotry are inconvenient and stupid.
Yes, I enjoy these sorts of videos, but I am a dull guy: