- America Has a Monopoly Problem—and It’s Huge (The Nation) Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz holds forth. I do wish that he had discussed how IP feeds into this though.
- Leon Wieseltier Admits ‘Offenses’ Against Female Colleagues as New Magazine Is Killed (The New York Times) More rocks from the Marty Peretz era of The New Republic turned over
- Reasons Why Dems Have Been F%$#ing Stupid on the Steele Dossier, a Long Essay (Emptywheel) Long but worth it. Note that this is another case of Hillary Clinton and her Evil Minions™ scoring a goal against themselves.
- Steven Rattner, Kickback Hack (Jacobin) Excoriates corrupt bankster Steve Rattner, who published an OP/ED saying that Dems should embrace Wall Street.
- The blood on George W Bush’s hands will never dry. Don’t glorify this man (The Guardian) Do not rehabilitate him. If you do, Atrios will cry.
- Photos of Cats Doing Martial Arts (Petapixel) No comment needed.
Have a Halloween meme video: