- Strong Evidence that U.S. Special Operations Forces Massacred Civilians in Somalia (Daily Beast) This is a feature, not a bug.
- Blackwater founder pitches plan to quell Libya migrant crisis with private police (The Guardian) My guess is that Erik Prince thinks that there is a lucrative gig guarding the recently emerged Libyan slave market.
- Report: Wells Fargo may face more federal sanctions over insurance, mortgage practices (LA Times) Nothing to see here, move along.
- When Elites Get a Taste of Their Own Medicine (New York Times) On the Saudi elites being detained.
- How Education Reform Ate the Democratic Party (The Baffler) Notes that there very little space between Betsy Devos and education “Reform” supporters like Obama’s Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.
The care and feeding of cast iron cookware: