- We just found the strongest evidence yet that fracking affects human health (Science Alert) Given the politics of the situation, I expect some action being taken to protect the public in the next 20 years.
- When employers are unfair, even unaffected workers underperform (CEPR) Not surprising. This has been shown to be true in Capuchin monkeys and rats as well.
- The Simpsons predicted Disney would buy Fox nearly 20 years ago and this is getting ridiculous (Metro News) The predictions of Nostra-Dumbass.
- AOL Instant Messenger is no more, but the memories will last forever (Ars Technica) I’m feeling old.
- Riding a Time Capsule to Apartment 8G (New York Times) Tech history: Elevator operators still have jobs in New York City.
- Silicon Valley Techies Still Think They’re the Good Guys. They’re Not. (Wired) I really do hope that this is a long term sea change, because lionizing psychopaths never ends well.
- Ex-evangelicals recount leaving the church after realizing it sanctions white supremacy (Raw Story) This does not surprise me.
We’re an Anarcho-Syndaclist Commune: