- Saving net neutrality, one house at a time (Washington Post) Concord, MA helps its citizens and saves money by building municipal broadband.
- Scientists finally confirm that Uranus is surrounded by fart clouds (Popular Science) Uranus and fart clouds, had to include it.
- Centrist Elites: Please Save Democracy From Democracy (Ian Welsh) Makes the point that the rule by experts enshrined into things like the Federal Reserve, international trade deals, and the European Union are deliberately anti-democratic by design because they benefit from such arrangements.
- Why the DNC Is Fighting WikiLeaks and Not Wall Street (Truthdig) Because they don’t want to piss off the corporate donors who pay them their salaries when they quit to become consultants?
- Oh dear… Netizens think ‘private’ browsing really means totally private (The Register) “It’s a little like some Tesla owners thinking Autopilot is, judging by the name, fully autonomous driving, rather than super-cruise-control.”
- KPMG faces shareholder protests over GE and Wells Fargo audits To be clear here, it’s the GE and Wells shareholders who want to dump KMPG, because they think that their audits are complete pants.
- Judge rules bar was allowed to kick out Trump supporter (The Hill) The delicate snowflake had his feelings hurt when he was kicked out a bar for a MAGA hat, so he sued claiming that Trump was his religion. The judge said GTFOHWTBS
- Secretly Taped Audio Reveals Democratic Leadership Pressuring Progressive to Leave Race (The Intercept) They have tapes of Steny Hoyer telling a progressive to get out of a Congressional race. You weren’t in Maryland, Steny, so the candidate could legally tape you without your knowledge. Oops.
8 Ways to Piss off Your Cat: (Not recommended unless you like finding crap in your stereo headphones)