- How Alaska fixed its earthquake-shattered roads in just days (The Verge) Short version, spending money to prepare in advance.
- The Wooing of Jared Kushner: How the Saudis Got a Friend in the White House (New York Times) Somehow, they avoid even alluding to potential graft.
- Trump and China: Going With Patent Holders Against Workers (Counterpunch) Dean baker says what I have been saying. (More accurately, I have been saying what he has been saying for a very long time.)
- Massachusetts federal court rules you have the right to secretly record cops. (Slate) About f%$#ing time. Massachusetts cops have been trying to criminalize transparency for decades.
- The Arctic Ocean has lost 95 percent of its oldest ice — a startling sign of what’s to come (Washington Post) We are screwed.
- How Did This Sushi Restaurant CEO Help Destroy Somalian Pirates? (grape Japan) He got them jobs catching tuna for his restaurants.
This is inspired:
I replaced the Amazon can you feel it commercial music with the theme from Winter Soldier pic.twitter.com/rXMcDGoWcJ
— Omar Najam (@OmarNajam) November 24, 2018