- The Russian Spy Who Wasn’t (The New Republic) Maria Butina. Intersting read.
- War of the Classes: How I Became a Socialist (Jack London) Yes, that Jack London.
- Blockchain and Trust (Schneier on Security) Schnier makes a very basic point: That trust between people cannot be replaced by technology.
- Exposure to Glyphosate-Based Herbicides and Risk for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma: A Meta-Analysis and Supporting Evidence (ScienceDirect) Surprise, “Meta-analysis of human epidemiological studies suggests a compelling link between exposures to GBHs and increased risk for NHL.”
- EU adds Saudi Arabia to ‘dirty money’ blacklist (Al Jazeera) Yes, whacking Jamal Khashoggi seems such a good idea now, doesn’t it?
- Union: Los Angeles Times management wants ‘unfettered’ control over staffers’ book projects (Washington Post) The staff voted to unionize, and management proposes this crap.
- The case of the reviewer who said cite me or I won’t recommend acceptance of your work (Retraction Watch) Academic publishing is really rather corrupt.
Another Spider-Man Movie????