- Sinister secret backdoor found in networking gear perfect for government espionage: The Chinese are – oh no, wait, it’s Cisco again (The Register) The question is who is a worse security threat, Huawei or Ciusco.
- Organisms that breathe arsenic discovered in the Pacific Ocean (New Atlas) I would have figured Sulphur or Selenium, which are under Oxygen on the periodic table, not arsenic, which is under nitrogen.
- Rachel Maddow endorses regime change in Venezuela to “push Russia back,” sympathizes with Bolton and Pompeo (The Grayzone) Not just jumping the shark, jumping C. Megaladon.
- Microsoft offers software tools to secure elections (Associated Press) Microsoft + election + security = abject terror.
- The Great Gambia Heist (Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project) What is noteable is just how much the west profits on this corruption.
- Reducing Crime Through Environmental Design: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment of Street Lighting in New York City (National Bureau of Economic Research) Cheap and effective, so the penal/industrial complex is not interested
- Scientist to politicians: End oil, farm subsidies to save planet (Reuters) The numbers for these subsidies are huge, and they actively harm the rest of us.
Here is Maddow calling for regime change in Venezuela