- How Qualcomm shook down the cell phone industry for almost 20 years (Ars Technica) A tale of ineluctable evil.
- Man Restoring a Classic Synthesizer Goes On a 9-Hour Acid Trip After Accidentally Touching LSD-Covered Knob (Gizmodo) Your feel weird story of the day.
- ‘Robots’ Are Not ‘Coming for Your Job’—Management Is (Gizmodo) A truth that needs to be said.
- Nice Bones You Got There, Shame If a Startup Was to Start Renting Out Pogo Sticks (Gizmodo) As near as I can figure it out, this Pogo stick shring startup is real. I still call bullsh%$.
- Researcher Exploits Microsoft’s Notepad to ‘Pop a Shell’ (Threatpost) This is hard core hacking.
- Something on Mars Is Producing Gas Usually Made by Living Things on Earth (New York Times) Bean Burrito Night on Mars
Godzilla will never die, except, of course, in his very first movie:
I want some fan to splice in a digital avatar of Raymond Burr.