- We’re Publishing Thousands of Police Discipline Records That New York Kept Secret for Decades (ProPublica) The judge issued a restraining order against a number of parties, but neglected to include the indispensable Pro Publica.
- Homeland Security Was Destined to Become a Secret Police Force (The New Yorker) Russian expat Masha Gessen speaks from personal experience.
- The Rot Of The St. Louis Elite Goes Far Deeper Than The “Gun Couple” (Current Affairs) Not just racist nutjobs, but profligate and reckless Covid spreaders.
- I Tried to Live Without the Tech Giants. It Was Impossible. (The New York Times) Make them utilities, or break them up, or both.
- Kentucky town hires social workers instead of more officers – and the results are surprising (WAVE Channel 3) Not a surprise
- Kansas Should Go F— Itself (Matt Taibbi) A review of Thomas Frank’s latest book, and its insight into the contempt that the “Technocratic Class” has for ordinary people.
- Gaddafi’s prophecy comes true as foreign powers battle for Libya’s oil (The Guardian) This is a feature, not a bug.
- On Sex with Demons (Going Medieval) On Trump’s current favorite Covid expert doctor, and their fascination with demonic semen. As Anna Russel would say, “I’m not making this up, you know.”
The Karen Meme Channel on Youtube. Yet another sign that our society is in decline. Cannot watch more than about 15 seconds of any of these: