- White Supremacists Are Invading American Cities To Incite a Civil War (Washington Monthly) Stating the obvious.
- Ice Sheet Melting on Track With Worst-Case Scenario (Treehugger) We are unbelievably screwed.
- Pasco’s sheriff created a futuristic program to stop crime before it happens. It monitors and harasses families. (Tampa Bay Times) A feature, not a bug. Law enforcement frequently functions as a predator, generating revenue through fines.
- I Witnessed Labour Staff Working to Undermine Jeremy Corbyn’s Leadership (Novara Media) Corbyn’s mistake was not sacking the all of the senior staffers when he got in.
- The 450 Movement. I do peer review and I want you to pay… (James Heathers) Makes the point that professionals should be paid by businesses when doing peer reviews, whether it is the for-profit journals, or the corporatized academic world.
- Larry Flynt: My Final Farewell to the Falwells (The Daily Beast) Very kind to the senior Falwell, but as to the rest, “If there were ever to be a Second Coming of Jesus Christ, I have no doubt that his first order of business would be picking up a whip and banishing forever all the hucksters and false prophets who have perverted his message.”
- Endurance Racing With Cars That Belong in a Demolition Derby (New York Times) A 24 hour race for cars with a purchase price under $500. The 24-hours of lemons.
- If There Was No Florida Democratic Party, It Would Be Easier For Democrats To Win (DownWithTyranny) The Iron Law of Institutions writ small. Control of the party trumps success of the party.
F%$# You, Pay Me: How to get paid as a consultant.