- Drip irrigation emerges to solve rice paddy problem (Financial Post) It should dramatically cut water consumption and methane emissions.
- Alien Hunters Discover Mysterious Signal from Proxima Centauri (Scientific American) Mysterious because it is in a very narrow band.
- Health Canada announces that dudes who wear shorts all winter will get vaccine last (The Beaverton) Alas, this is satire.
- Brexit to send price of dildos and butt plugs soaring, sex toy company warns (Yahoo) File under, “You make the pun.”
- Meet the toilet barons of Brexit (WIRED) Brexit and the lock-down have lead to an increase in porta-john rentals.
- Bodycam Video Shows ‘Mob Mentality’ Of Boston Police Who Responded To George Floyd Protests, Lawyer Says (The Appeal) This is the rule, not the exception. When confronted with demonstrations about police misconduct, cops riot.
Mark Rober is at again, with “The World’s Largest Devil’s Toothpaste Explosion”