- Appeals Court Tells Lying Cop No ‘Reasonable’ Officer Would Think It’s OK To Tear Gas Journalists For Performing Journalism (Techdirt) Short version, the cop is caught on video harassing journalists, and only journalists, and the court takes a dim view. Shorter version, A.C.A.B.
- Senators deleted defense bill provision intended to combat violent extremism in the military (Stripes) Just a few weeks before right wing terrorists stormed the Capitol. How convenient.
- Georgia Prosecutors Open Criminal Inquiry Into Trump’s Efforts to Subvert Election (New York Times) I so hope that he goes to jail.
- Chastity Penis Lock Company That Was Hacked Says It’s Now Totally Safe To Put Your Penis Back In That Chastity Lock (Techdirt) And if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
- Latest Anti-Accountability Move By Cops Involves Playing Music While Being Recorded In Hopes Of Triggering Copyright Takedowns (Techdirt) Again, A.C.A.B.
- Reps Would Have to Resign From Corporate Boards Under Democrats’ Ethics Bill (The American Prospect) It’s not the lawbreaking that is shocking, it is what remains legal.
- The Courage to Learn: A Retrospective on Antitrust and Competition Policy During the Obama Administration and Framework for a New Structuralist Approach (American Economic Liberties Project) (PDF) A long (183 page) read. But what I have read cuts the Obama Administration a new asshole.
Speaking of cutting people new assholes, I actually designed parts for a tool that actually does this: