- Bayard Rustin was being investigated by the FBI while, unbeknownst to the Bureau, he was working for the CIA (MuckRock) The absurdity of our state security apparatus
- A Hospital Charged $1,877 to Pierce a 5-Year-Old’s Ears. This Is Why Health Care Costs So Much. (Pro Publica) Best healthcare system in the world?
- Taibbi: Drone Strikes Underscore How Much Power We Give Trump (Rolling Stone) Matt Taibbi gives us another reason to say ironically, “Thanks Obama.”
- Wearing a bike helmet might make you more dangerous (The Guardian) Interesting, though by no means definitive, analysis of risk taking.
- State Department Condemns* Designation Of Media As Foreign Agents (*only applies to Russia) (Moon Over Alabama) Adventures in foreign policy hypocrisy
- Latest idea to tackle Beijing’s smog? 15 million people waving giant fans | (South China Morning Post) Too weird.
Stop Making Sense: