- Scientists Find The First Animal That Doesn’t Need Oxygen to Survive (Science Alert) It resembles a little jellyfisn.
- Nearly 2 million chickens at Eastern Shore farms set to be destroyed because of coronavirus-related plant shortages (Baltimore Sun) A potential solution would be to break up the meat-packing monopolies and oligopolies.
- David Sirota Joins the Jacobin Team (Jacobin) I look forward to this.
- Joe Biden’s Garbage Career: A Timeline (Rampant) Joe Biden has been on the wrong side of every major legislative initiative over the past 40 years.
- Biden Can’t Return Things To Normal, Because Trump Is A Normal US President. That’s The Problem. (Caitlin Johnstone) A rather dire, and depressingly accurate, take on the nature of the modern US presidency.
- Sears’ Headquarters Was Supposed to Turn a Sleepy Suburb Into a Boomtown. It Never Happened. (ProPublica) Tax incentives never EVER pay for themselves.
- This Guy Got Hit By Lightning and Became a Concert Pianist (VICE) The human brain is weird.
John Oliver on the US Post Office, and calls out Postal banking