- How management by metrics leads us astray (Jakob Greenfeld) Management by metrics does not create better products or services, it creates an ecosystem which focuses on the metrics to the exclusion of better products or services.
- Son Tipped Off F.B.I. About His Father, Who Is Charged in Capitol Riot (New York Times) The kid did his civic duty, but it reminds me of the Soviet propaganda story of Pavel Trofimovich Morozov.
- Portugal’s President Wins Re-election, but Far Right Gains (New York Times) A natural consequence of the Neoliberal policies of the EU and the influence of the hegemony of German Sad-Monetarism on EU policies.
- Movie about the Khashoggi Assassination, The Dissident, Is Target of Troll Campaign (National Interest) Our friends in Riyadh.
- Olmert: I hate everything Sheldon Adelson loved about Israel (Jerusalem Post) Adelson (יש”ו) a was a shanda fur die goyim.
- Garbage people (Lawyers, Guns, & Money) Makes a very good point, that the academic legal community is a humbug. “Bullshit is endemic to any situation in which people are playing roles in which they are more or less required to fake the possession of authoritative knowledge that they do not in fact possess.”
- Leon Black Did Nothing Wrong, Will Stop Being Apollo CEO Anyway (Dealbreaker) Tens of millions of dollars to Jeffrey Epstein, nothing to see here.
- Rochester Police Pepper-Sprayed 9-Year-Old Girl, Footage Shows (New York Times) She refused to get in the police car, so the police pepper sprayed her. If police want people to stop calling them, “Pigs,” they need to stop asking like them.
Either Brian Williams is way cooler than his stiff manner implies, or someone in the control room deserves a massive raise.